**The first intake for this program is Semester 1 2018. **
At UNSW Built Environment, the discipline of landscape architecture is considered a creative endeavour fundamental to meeting the environmental and social challenges of rapid urban growth. The program prepares students from diverse backgrounds to enter the profession of landscape architecture with the specialised knowledge and technical skills required for contemporary practice. The structure of the program features three entry points; depending on educational experience, students can complete the degree in one, two or three years.
Design projects are strategic in scale and scope. They range from site to precinct to catchment and integrate the critical landscape dimensions of urban development, particularly urban and constructed ecologies, sustainability and landscape performance, people and place, planning policy and strategy. At UNSW Built Environment, we approach landscape architecture as a human-centered design profession with an obligation to produce and sustain environmental and social benefits to cities and their regions. Across the curriculum, design research and theory provide the basis for innovation and exploration in the studios, and a range of digital technologies underpin the development and resolution of design projects.
As a student in the UNSW Master of Landscape Architecture program, you will engage with the Sydney region as your landscape laboratory. You will work with leading academics, practitioners and industry representatives in landscape architecture as well as city planning, urban design, and architecture to explore issues of common concern; through studios and lectures you will engage with experts at UNSW Built Environment in social agency; design performance; city analytics; urban renewal and regeneration, healthy built environments, design theory and history.
Why UNSW Built Environment
- Longest established, accredited Bachelor of Landscape Architecture program
- UNSW Australia ranks in the top 100 universities worldwide (Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2016-2017)
- UNSW Graduates are the most hired by LinkedIn's top 30 most in-demand employers in 2015
- UNSW has invested over $1.2 billion in student facilities and accommodation
- Member of prestigious Group of Eight (Go8)
- Strong industry links and partnerships
- In the 2015 Excellence for Research in Australia (ERA) , UNSW was rated as the equal-top university nationally in Built Environment and Design. Its rating in Urban Planning research was also the joint highest in Australia.
Page Last Updated: 02 May 2017