Learn how to present complex urban data in a meaningful and powerful way
It has been said that a picture (or a map) is worth a thousand words. Visual statements can play a critical role in shaping opinions, supporting planning, and helping policy and decision-making in cities.
Contemporary cities have grown extraordinarily complex and can be described and analysed through an increasing variety of social, economic and environmental data in different dimensions.
3D innovative interactive and digital maps are changing city design and planning by providing more elaborate analysis and simulations, and convincing impressions. Therefore, building capacity on what kind of data structures, system architectures and software tools are needed is an asset for anybody working in the field of urban planning and management.
City Planners and Managers, other professionals working with geo-spatial data and those interested in 3D urban modelling.
- foundations of 3D visualisation
- 3D reconstruction from images using Sketch up
- Data structures/topology, interaction, animation and simulation
- 3DQGIS - Visualisation of urban data
- 3D raster modelling and visualisation
- Voxel models
- BIM (Building Information Modelling) principles, semantics, geometry
- BIM visualisation and manipulation
- demonstrate both theoretical and practical grounding to be competent and confident in understanding, analysing, modelling and visualising urban data.
- develop skills and applications in relevant 3D computer technologies and a critical appreciation of technology transfer in practice in the changing global context.
- demonstrate ability to interpret and communicate knowledge, skills and ideas to both specialist and non-specialist audiences with a focus on technology.
- critically assess the process and role 3D modelling for urban data visualisation
- demonstrate a theoretical and practical knowledge of 3d modelling and visualisation applications and their capabilities.
$1280.00 + GST
TOTAL: $1408.00 incl. GST
Fees include morning and afternoon tea and lunch on both days.
If you are UNSW Alumni you will receive 10% discount. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your discount code.
If you are a UNSW staff member, please refer to the UNSW Staff Tuition Fee Subsidy Policy to see if you are eligible for a discount.
- On completion of the course you will receive a statement of attendance from UNSW.
- Planning Institute of Australia (PIA) members may be eligible to claim up to 28 PIA CPD points.
Professor Sisi Zlatanova is recognised as a leading international authority on 3D Geographic Information Systems. Sisi’s recent research concentrates on 3D Indoor modelling and navigation and she has authored and co-authored more than 300 papers and edited or co-edited 23 books.