Yes. See entry requirements.
Term 1, Term 3
Influence people's lives through the interior environments they inhabit.
Interior architecture is a design discipline that focuses specifically on interior environments and all aspects of their structural, spatial, social and material assembly.
Interior architecture and interior design share a common ground, but they differ in the scale of the intervention in the interior. Interior architecture works at the scale of architecture, including the manipulation of structural elements such as walls, floors and staircases while interior design generally engages at the scale of individual rooms.
During this degree, you will learn to develop creative solutions that respond to current societal and functional aesthetic challenges in the built environment – spaces that may be permanent or temporary, from the scale of rooms to the scale of cities.
23 years of dedicated Interior Architecture educational experience in developing the future of cities will drive your career forward fast nationally and globally.
The UNSW Interior Architecture Honours Degree is taught by passionate, skilled academics and professionals who are passionate and invested in your career.
As a UNSW Interior Architectural Honours Graduate, you will be an industry leader who is highly sought after for your comprehensive, contemporary and future career capabilities.
The Bachelor of Interior Architecture (Honours) is a 4-year program consisting of 24 courses (192 Units Of Credit/UOC).
The program includes:
- 8 Design Studio Courses
- 8 Core Courses
- 2 Interdisciplinary Courses (BEIL)
- 2 Open Elective Courses (choose from within UNSW School of Built Environment or other schools)
- 2 FBE Elective Courses (choose from within UNSW School of Built Environment)
- 2 General Education Courses (choose from other schools)
The Bachelor of Interior Architecture (Honours) allows you to gain sought-after interdisciplinary skills by choosing to minor in:
- Computational Design
- Construction Management
- Industrial Design
- Landscape Architecture
Key Areas of Study
Interior Materiality, Construction and Structures
Aesthetics, Functionality and Environmental Sustainability
Technical Drawing and Model Making
History, Culture and Theory
For course listing, descriptions and timetables please see the UNSW Online Handbook.
The degree is recognised by, and a member of the Interior Designer/Interior Architecture Educators Association (IDEA).
Graduates of the Bachelor of Interior Architecture (Honours) are eligible for membership to the International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers (IFI) and Design Institute of Australia (DIA).
Professional designer in architecture and design practices
Private consultant, specialising in residential, retail, workplace or hospitality
Corporate interior designer specialising in multi-storey residential, retail, hospitality, medical, hotel or exhibition design
- Honours level outcome
- Global study and work opportunities
- Unique interdisciplinary programs
- Top 27 in the world and 4th in Australia in Architecture/Built Environment (QS World University Rankings, 2020)
- World class alumni connections
- We're a global top 50 university. UNSW ranked in the top 50 universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings, 2020)
- UNSW has the Most Employable Students (Winner, Australian Financial Review Most Employable Students Award 2020)
- We're ranked 13th in the world and 2nd in Australia for Employer Reputation in Built Environment
- Member of prestigious Group of Eight (Go8) universities
- Strong industry links and partnerships
While being significantly apart, we are more connected than ever before. With opportunities to build connections on a local and global scale through digital platforms, this year’s grad show looks at harnessing those connections and placing interior architecture within the cosmos of creative minds. Discover the 2020 grad show.
Take an immersive tour through our virtual 360 degree interactive space. Explore Built Environment student projects across all subject areas, visit individual degree exhibits and discover the areas that interest you.