Professor Bill Randolph
Bill Randolph joined the Faculty of the Built Environment at the University of New South Wales in August 2004 as Professor and Director of the City Futures Research Centre. He served as Associate Dean Research between 2009 - 2013. At City Futures he leads a research team specializing in housing policy, housing markets and affordability, urban renewal, city data and analytics, urban wellbeing and metropolitan planning policy issues. Bill has 40 years experience as a researcher on housing and urban policy issues in the academic, government, non-government and private sectors. He holds a PhD from the London School of Economics. He is a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences in Australia.
In the Media
- Randolph, B. (2015, November 11). New suburb coming. Camden Advertiser.
- Randolph, B. (2015, November 11). Suburb planned for 30,000. Campbelltown-Macarthur Advertiser.
- Randolph, B. (2015, November 10). The inequality in our suburbs is growing worse. Sydney Morning Herald.
- Randolph, B. (2015, November 10). Leppington to get 9000 homes. St George & Sutherland Shire Leader.
- Randolph, B. (2015, November 5). Leppington fields become sites for 9000 new homes. Sydney Morning Herald.
- Randolph, B. (2015, September 12). Apartment’s gaining ground as top option. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.pressreader.com/australia/saturday-domain1463
- Randolph, B. (2015, August 20). Strong demand. Northern News.
- Randolph, B. (2015, July 28). Towers on the skyline point to boom in construction. Sydney Morning Herald.
- Randolph, B. (2015, July 16). News from the front desk issue No 249- strata reform will be far more easy. The Fifth Estate. Retrieved from http://www.thefifthestate.com.au/columns/news-from-the-front-desk-issue-no-249-strata-reform-gets-under-way/75626
- Randolph, B. (2015, July 16). Strata Reform Will Be Far From Easy. The Fifth Estate. Retrieved from http://www.thefifthestate.com.au/columns/news-from-the-front-desk-issue-no-249-strata-reform-gets-under-way/75626?utm_source=The+Fifth+Estate+-+newsletter&utm_campaign=270c0a1e34-16_July_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5009254e4c-270c0a1e34-30768173
- Randolph, B. (2015, July 15). NSW Eyes Old Apartment redevelopment in New Strata Legislation. The Fifth Estate. Retrieved from http://www.thefifthestate.com.au/politics/government/nsw-eyes-old-apartment-redevelopment-in-new-strata-legislation/75531
- Randolph, B. (2015, July 14). It’s out with the old for unit owners in the east. Southern Courier. Retrieved from http://newslocal.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx
- Randolph, B. (2015, July 13). Sydney a ‘no-go’ zone for first home buyers by 2019. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.domain.com.au/news/sydney-a-nogo-zone-for-first-home-buyers-by-2019-20150713-gi8cn4/
- Randolph, B. (2015, July 9). Biggest Jump in Sydney Rents in Five Years: Domain Group. Domain. Retrieved from http://www.domain.com.au/news/biggest-jump-in-sydney-rents-in-five-years-domain-group-20150708-gi7q92/
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 30). Report recommends revitalising through redevelopment. Your investment property. Retrieved from http://www.yourinvestmentpropertymag.com.au/news/report-recommends-revitalising-through-redevelopment-202122.aspx
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 26). Old apartment blocks ripe for wreckers’ ball. Sydney Morning Herald.
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 25). Tackling housing unaffordability. The Northern Rivers Echo. Retrieved from http://www.echonews.com.au/news/tackling-housing-unaffordability-10-point-national/2684187/
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 24). More than 8000 Sydney Apartment Blocks Flagged for Demolition: Report. Sydney Morning Herald/ Domain. Retrieved from http://www.domain.com.au/news/more-than-8000-sydney-apartment-blocks-flagged-for-demolition-report-20150625-ghwlj0/
- Randolph, B. (2014, June 24). Housing must not be just ‘left to the market.’ SBS. Retrieved from http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/06/24/housing-must-not-be-just-left-market
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 20). Home Hunt! Nation's most affordable & unaffordable city postcodes revealed. The Australian. Retrieved from http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/revealed-the-affordable-and-...
- Randolph, B. (2015, 18 June). Moving to Australia? These are the most expensive suburbs to rent in. Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved from http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/home-property/69502073/Moving-to-Australia-These-are-the-most-expensive-suburbs-to-rent-in
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 18). The 50 Most Expensive Suburbs to Rent a Room in Australia. Sydney Morning Herald/ Domain. Retrieved from http://www.domain.com.au/news/the-50-most-expensive-suburbs-to-rent-a-room-in-australia-20150617-ghp5hv/
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 18). A Fresh Lens on Housing Unaffordability- Fixing the problem. City Futures Blog. Retrieved from http://blogs.unsw.edu.au/cityfutures/blog/2015/06/a-fresh-lens-on-housing-unaffordability-fixing-the-problem/
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 17). Sydney to become a city of renters. The Australian Financial Review. Retrieved from http://www.afr.com/real-estate/residential/it-could-take-30-years-for-sydney-to-become-a-city-of-renters-20150616-ghp5zz
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 16). A Fresh Lens on Housing Unaffordanility- The problem and its causes. City Futures Blog.Retrieved from http://blogs.unsw.edu.au/cityfutures/blog/2015/06/a-fresh-lens-on-housing-unaffordability-the-problem-and-its-causes/
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 14). Can YOU afford the average home? As property prices go through the roof, new research reveals single buyers need to earn more than $100,000.00…Mail Online. Retrieved from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3122731/Can-afford-average-home-property-prices-roof-new-research-reveals-home-buyers-need-earn-150-000-year-pay-median-house-price-Sydney.html
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 13). Baird’s gain, buyer pain. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://stockland.mrganalysis.com.au/news-articles/bairds-gain-buyer-pain/
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 13). Stamp Duty: Baird government raises $5 billion as housing affordability crisis escalates. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/stamp-duty-baird-government-raises-5-billion-as-housing-affordability-crisis-escalates-20150611-ghm6hd
- Randolph, B. (2015, June 11). Single Sydney first-home buyers must earn more than $150,000.00. The Australian Financial Review. Retrieved from http://stockland.mrganalysis.com.au/news-articles/single-sydney-first-ho...
- Randolph, B. (2015, May 20). Sex for Rent: The seedy underbelly of Australia’s housing affordability crisis. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.domain.com.au/news/sex-for-rent-the-seedy-underbelly-of-australias-housing-affordability-crisis-20150519-ggwf2r/
- Randolph, B. (2015, May 19). Where the ‘dark forces’ is welfare. The Australian. Retrieved from http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/columnists/where-the-dark-force-...
- Randolph, B. (2015, May 10). Sydney is Turning into a Ghetto as Poor are Trapped by Fewer Jobs and Rising Housing Costs. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-is-turning-into-a-ghetto-as-poor-are-trapped-by-fewer-jobs-and-rising-housing-costs-20150508-ggwyj0?rand=3254752
- Randolph, B. (2015, May 10). Sydney’s Rich and Poor: The rising crisis in our suburbs. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydneys-rich-and-poor-the-rising-crisis-in-our-suburbs-20150507-ggwvh1
- Randolph, B. (2015, May 7). Gen Y’s Property Hopes a Paradox: Report. Sydney Morning Herald/ Domain. Retrieved from http://www.domain.com.au/news/gen-ys-property-hopes-a-paradox-report-20150506-ggvi1d/
- Randolph, B. (2015, May 2). Classic Red-Brick House in Eastwood Soars $200,000 Over Reverse at Auction. Sydney Morning Herald/ Domain. Retrieved from http://www.domain.com.au/news/classic-redbrick-house-in-eastwood-soars-200000-over-reserve-at-auction-20150502-1myfxy/
- Randolph, B (2015, March 22). Predictions of Pleasantville threaten to run identity of inner city areas. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/predictions-of-pleasantville-threaten-to-ruin-identity-of-inner-city-areas-20140321-358m3.html
- Randolph, B, (2014, February 18). Sydneysiders aim high as unit sales soar signalling the shift from houses to apartment living. City East News. Retrieved from http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/city-east/sydneysiders-aim
- Randolph, B. (2014, February 8). A quarter of Sydney suburbs now in million-dollar club. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.domain.com.au/news/a-quarter-of-sydney-suburbs-now-in-milliondollar-club-20150207-1388if/
- Randolph, B. (2015, February 1). John McGrath ignites Sydney's "hot forever" inner ring debate. Property Observer. Retrieved from http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/finding/location/nsw/39757-john-mcgrath-ignites-sydney-s-hot-forever-inner-ring-debate.html
- Randolph, B. (2015, January 31). Sydney inner-ring property may be 'hot forever,' says John McGrath. Domain. Retrieved from http://www.domain.com.au/news/sydney-innerring-property-may-be-hot-forever-says-john-mcgrath-20150130-1314ty/
- Randolph, B. (2014, December 19). Australia Needs More than Dense Housing Arguments. The Conversation. Retrieved from https://theconversation.com/australia-needs-more-than-dense-housing-arguments-35372
- Randolph, B. (2014, November 15). Welcome to the Dark Side of the Housing Boom. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.be.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/20141115-welcome-to-the-dark-side-of-housing-boom.png
- Randolph, B. (2014, November 14). Rent rises of up to 125% are the dark side of the housing boom. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.domain.com.au/news/
- Randolph, B. (2014, October 13). New network collects big data for urban intelligence. Australian Broadcasting Corporation Transcripts. Retrieved from http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2014/s4106000.htm
- Randolph, B. (2014, October 6). Ready, set, grow: Sydney home boom triggers urgency in planning. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/apps/viewDocument.ac;jsessionid=E4C25CEAA54F2E3AD9912A3F6FD7A5EF?sy=afr&pb=all_ffx&dt=selectRange&dr=1month&so=&sf=text&sf=headline&rc=10&rm=200&sp=brs&cls=17265&clsPage=1&docID=SMH141006143ML7FE9FA
- Randolph, B. (2014, July 26). Should you buy or rent. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.be.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/20140726%20Shouldyoubuyorr...
- Randolph, B. (2015, July 30). BCA joins the call for a cities agenda. The Fifth Estate. Retrieved from http://www.thefifthestate.com.au/innovation/planning/bca-joins-the-call-for-a-cities-agenda/65295
- Randolph, B. (2014, July 26). Should you buy or rent. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.be.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/20140726%20Shouldyoubuyorr...
- Randolph, B. (2014, June 7). High, Higher Society. The Australian. Retrieved from http://www.be.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/20140607%20High%20higher%2...
- Randolph, B. (2014, May 29). Population Projects for Sydney Deliver Urban Planning Wake-Up Call. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/population-projections-for-sydney-deliver-urban-planning-wakeup-call-20140528-394sf.html
- Randolph, B. (2014, April 8). Brad Hazzard expected to reveal high-rise plans for North West Rail Link. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/brad-hazzard-expected-to-reveal-highrise-plans-for-north-west-rail-link-20140407-3694h.html
- Randolph, B. (2014, April 6). West a big winner in house price boom. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.domain.com.au/news/west-a-big-winner-in-house-price-boom-20140405-365rd/
- Randolph, B. (2014, February 8). A quarter of Sydney suburbs now in million-dollar club.Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.domain.com.au/news/a-quarter-of-sydney-suburbs-now-in-milliondollar-club-20150207-1388if/
- Randolph, B. (2015, January 9). Is it Really Fair that Young People Can’t Buy a Flat Because their Parents Bought too Many? The Guardian. Retrieved from http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/09/gab-jackson-housing-piece
- Randolph, B. (2014, January 6). Land releases on Sydney’s fringe spark fears of urban sprawl.Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/land-releases-on-sydneys-fringe-spark-fears-of-urban-sprawl-20140105-30bwd.html
- Randolph, B. (2013, September 10). State of 9m will pose a headache. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/state-of-9m-will-pose-a-headache-20130909-2tgc1.html
- Randolph, B. (2013, August 28). Affordable housing and election 2013. ABC Radio, National. Retrieved from http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lifematters/affordable-housing-and-election-2013/4915994
- Randolph, B. (2013, June 28). Babes in the city. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/babes-in-the-city-20130624-2ormj.html
- Randolph, B. (2013, June 9). Fancy that: a surge of singles hits inner city. The Sun Herald. Retrieved from
- Randolph, B. (2013, May 1). Sydney, where the living is squeezy. mX. Retrieved from https://www.be.unsw.edu.au/sites/default/files/upload/MediaClips_May2_Ra...
- Randolph, B. (2013, April 13). Classrooms bulging as families stay close to the city. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/data-point/classrooms-bulging-as-families-stay-close-to-city-20130412-2hqyp.html
- Randolph, B. (2013, April 4). Development of land based on an airport at Badgery's. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/development-of-land-based-on-an-airport-at-badgerys-20130403-2h74e.html
- Randolph, B. (2013, March 16). Towers of up to 30 stories to create 30,000 homes. Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved from http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/towers-of-up-to-30-storeys-to-create-30000-homes-20130315-2g5zp.html
Bill is a member of European Housing Research Network, Housing Studies Association (UK), Australian Planning Institute and the Australian Institute of Housing.
Hannigan JA; Greg R, 2017, The SAGE Handbook of New Urban Studies, SAGE Publications Ltd, http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781473982604
Davison G; Gurran N; Pinnegar S; Randolph WG; Van Den Nouwelant R, 2012, Affordable housing, urban renewal and planning: emerging practice in Queensland, South Australia and New South Wales, 195, Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute, Melbourne
Hamnett C; Randolph B, 1988, Cities, Housing and Profits Flat Break-up and the Decline of Private Renting, Taylor & Francis
Randolph B, 2020, 'Dimensions of urban segregation at the end of the Australian dream', in Handbook of Urban Segregation, pp. 76 - 100
Pettit C; Wentz E; Randolph B; Sanderson D; Kelly F; Reades J, 2019, 'Tackling the Challenge of Growing Cities: An Informed Urbanisation Approach', in Hawken S; Han C; Pettit C (ed.), Open Cities and Open Data: Collaborative Cities in the Information Era, Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-6605-5_9
Crommelin LM; Troy L; Randolph B; Easthope H, 2018, 'Everybody needs good neighbours, especially in strata: are new Australian laws enabling forced sales of strata properties justified?', in Compulsory Property Acquisition for Urban Densification, pp. 148 - 165, https://www.routledge.com/Compulsory-Property-Acquisition-for-Urban-Densification/Searle/p/book/9781138500990
Easthope H; Randolph B, 2018, 'Collective responsibility in strata apartments', in Altmann E; Gabriel M (ed.), Multi-owned property in the Asia-Pacific Region: Rights, Restrictions and Responsibilities, Palgrave Macmillan, London, pp. 177 - 196, http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-56988-2
Easthope H; Randolph B, 2018, 'Experiencing density: the implications of strata titling for urban renewal in Australia', in Ruming K (ed.), Urban Regeneration in Australia, Routledge, Abingdon, pp. 94 - 108, http://dx.doi.org/10.4324/9781315548722
Freestone R; Randolph B; Pinnegar S, 2018, 'Suburbanization in Australia', in Hanlon B; Vincino TJ (ed.), The Routledge Companion to the Suburbs, Routledge, http://dx.doi.org/10.4324/9781315266442-7
Randolph B; Eslami Afrooz A; Pettit C, 2018, 'Residential Intensification and Housing Demand: A Case Study of Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne', in Reed R; Pettit C (ed.), Real Estate and GIS: The Application of Mapping Technologies, edn. 1st, Routledge, London, pp. 12 - 35, http://dx.doi.org/10.1201/9781315642789
Lieske SN; van den Nouwelant RM; Han H; Pettit C, 2018, 'Modelling Value Uplift on Future Transport Infrastructure', in Reed R; Pettit C (ed.), Real Estate and GIS: The Application of Mapping Technologies, Routledge, Abingdon, pp. 80 - 98, http://dx.doi.org/10.1201/9781315642789
Freestone R; Randolph B; Wheeler A, 2017, 'Defining and refining the research agenda for Australian cities', in Short JR (ed.), A Research Agenda for Cities, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK, pp. 249 - 265, http://dx.doi.org/10.4337/9781785363429
Pettit C; Tice A; Randolph B, 2017, 'Using an Online Spatial Analytics Workbench for Understanding Housing Affordability in Sydney', in Thakuriah P; Tilahun N; Zellner M (ed.), SEEING CITIES THROUGH BIG DATA: RESEARCH, METHODS AND APPLICATIONS IN URBAN INFORMATICS, SPRINGER INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHING AG, pp. 233 - 255, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-40902-3_14
Randolph B, 2017, 'Emerging geographies of suburban disadvantage', in Hannigan J; Richards G (ed.), The Handbook of New Urban Studies, Sage, Thousand Oaks, pp. 159 - 178
Bunker R; Freestone R; Randolph B, 2017, 'Sydney: Growth, Globalization and Governance', in Hamnett S; Freestone R (ed.), Planning Metropolitan Australia, Routledge, London, pp. 26 - 50
Pettit CJ; Tice A; Randolph B, 2016, 'Using an Online Spatial Analytics Workbench for Understanding Housing Affordability in Sydney', in Thakuriah P; Tilahun N; Zellner M (ed.), Seeing Cities Through Big Data: Research, Methods and Applications in Urban Informatics, edn. Springer Geography, Springer International Publishing, pp. 233 - 255, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-40902-3
Randolph B; Easthope H, 2014, 'The Rise of Micro-government: Strata Title, Reluctant Democrats and the New Urban Vertical Polity', in Gleeson B; Beza B (ed.), The Public City: Essays in Honour of Paul Mees, Melbourne University Press, Carlton, Victoria, pp. 210 - 224, https://www.mup.com.au/items/154962
Hamnett C; Randolph B, 2013, 'Tenurial transformation and the flat break-up market in London: the British condo experience', in Gentrification of the City, pp. 121 - 152, http://dx.doi.org/10.4324/9781315889092
Randolph B; Kam M; Graham P, 2012, 'Who can afford sustainable housing?', in Steering Sustainability in an Urbanising World: Policy, Practice and Performance, pp. 203 - 214
Randolph WG; Troy P, 2011, 'Factors in Energy and Water Consumption.', in Newton PW (ed.), Urban Consumption, edn. Original, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood, pp. 215 - 236
Pinnegar S; Freestone R; Randolph WG, 2010, 'Suburban reinvestment through ‘knockdown rebuild’ in Sydney', in Clapson M; Hutchison R (ed.), Suburbanisation in Global Society; Research In Urban Sociology, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, UK, pp. 205 - 229, http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/S1047-0042(2010)0000010011
Milligan V; Randolph B, 2009, 'Australia', in Management of Privatised Housing: International Policies & Practice, pp. 19 - 43, http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/9781444322613.ch2
Randolph WG; Kenworthy J; Gleeson B; Smith I, 2009, 'Urban Panning and Transport', in Change and the urban environment: managing our urban areas in a Changing Climate, edn. Original, Australian Acadamy of Technicological Sciences and Engineering, Melbourne
Randolph WG; Judd BH, 2008, 'Quality or Quantity? The role of qualitative research in evaluating urban renewal programs', in Maginn P; Thompson S; Tonts M (ed.), Qualitative Urban Analysis: An International Perspective, edn. SUPPL.: COMPLETE, Emerald Press, UK, pp. 79 - 104, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1042-3192(07)00203-0
Kubler D; Randolph WG, 2007, 'Metropolitan Governance in Australia – The Sydney Experience', in Hambleton R; Goss J (ed.), Governing Cities in a Global Era, Palgrave Macmillan, New York, pp. 139 - 150, http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/9780230608795_10
Randolph WG; Kam M; Graham PM, 2007, 'Who can afford sustainable Housing?', in Nelson A (ed.), Steering Sustainability in an Urbanizing World, Gower House, Hampshire UK, pp. 203 - 214
Randolph WG; Kubler D, 2007, 'Metropolitan Governance in Australia', in Global Cities in a Global Era: Urban Innovation, Competition and Democratic Reform, edn. Original, Palgrave Macmillan, New York, USA, pp. 139 - 150
Freestone R; Randolph WG; Butler-Bowdon CR, 2006, 'Introduction', in Talking About Sydney: Population, community and culture in contemporary Sydney, University of New South Wales Press, Sydney, pp. 125, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IPDPS.2011.396
Hawken S; Han H; Pettit C, (eds.), 2020, Open Cities | Open Data: collaborative cities in the information era, Palgrave Macmillan Springer, Singapore, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-6605-5
Freestone R; Randolph WG; Butler-Bowdon CR, (eds.), 2006, Talking About Sydney: Population, community and culture in contemporary Sydney, Original, University of New South Wales Press, Sydney
Crommelin L; Easthope H; Troy L; Randolph B, 2020, 'A new pathway to displacement? The implications of less-than-unanimous strata renewal laws for vulnerable residents', AUSTRALIAN PLANNER, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07293682.2020.1854798
Pinnegar S; Randolph B; Troy L, 2020, 'Decoupling Growth from Growth-dependent Planning Paradigms: Contesting Prevailing Urban Renewal Futures in Sydney, Australia', Urban Policy and Research, vol. 38, pp. 321 - 337, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08111146.2020.1795636
Easthope H; Crommelin L; Troy L; Davison G; Nethercote M; Foster S; van den Nouwelant R; Kleeman A; Randolph B; Horne R, 2020, 'Improving outcomes for apartment residents and neighbourhoods', AHURI Final Report, http://dx.doi.org/10.18408/ahuri-7120701
Troy L; Randolph B; Pinnegar S; Crommelin L; Easthope H, 2020, 'Vertical Sprawl in the Australian City: Sydney’s High-rise Residential Development Boom', Urban Policy and Research, vol. 38, pp. 18 - 36, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08111146.2019.1709168
Thompson S; Paine G; Judd B; Randolph B, 2019, 'Towards a nuanced understanding of health-supportive place using composite research methods', Geographical Research, vol. 57, pp. 24 - 39, http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/1745-5871.12329
Zarpelon Leao S; Troy L; Lieske S; Randolph B; Pettit C, 2018, 'A GIS based planning support system for assessing financial feasibility of urban redevelopment', GeoJournal, vol. 83, pp. 1373 - 1392, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10708-017-9843-2
Paine G; Thompson S; Judd ; Randolph B, 2018, 'Learning from lived experience for the improvement of health-supportive built environment practice', Cites and Health, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/23748834.2018.1464254
2017, 'Planning Metropolitan Australia', , http://dx.doi.org/10.4324/9781315281377
Bunker R; Crommelin L; Troy L; Easthope H; Pinnegar S; Randolph B, 2017, 'Managing the transition to a more compact city in Australia', International Planning Studies, vol. 22, pp. 384 - 399, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13563475.2017.1298435
Crommelin LM; Bunker R; Troy L; Randolph B; Easthope H; Pinnegar S, 2017, 'As compact city planning rolls on, a look back: lessons from Sydney and Perth', Australian Planner, vol. 54, pp. 115 - 125, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07293682.2017.1319869
Randolph B; Tice A, 2017, 'Relocating Disadvantage in Five Australian Cities: Socio-spatial Polarisation under Neo-liberalism', Urban Policy and Research, vol. 35, pp. 103 - 121, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08111146.2016.1221337
Troy L; Easthope H; Randolph B; Pinnegar S, 2017, '‘It depends what you mean by the term rights’: strata termination and housing rights', Housing Studies, vol. 32, pp. 1 - 16, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02673037.2016.1171827
Easthope H; Randolph B, 2016, 'Principal–agent problems in multi-unit developments: The impact of developer actions on the on-going management of strata titled properties', Environment and Planning A, vol. 48, pp. 1829 - 1847, http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0308518X16650894
Van Den Nouwelant R; Crommelin L; Herath S; Randolph B, 2016, 'Housing affordability, central city economic productivity and the lower income labour market', AHURI Final Report, pp. 1 - 173
Pinnegar S; Randolph B; Freestone R, 2015, 'Incremental urbanism: Characteristics and implications of residential renewal through owner-driven demolition and rebuilding', Town Planning Review, vol. 86, pp. 279 - 301, http://dx.doi.org/10.3828/tpr.2015.18
van den Nouwelant R; Davison G; Gurran N; Pinnegar S; Randolph B, 2014, 'Delivering affordable housing through the planning system in urban renewal contexts: converging government roles in Queensland, South Australia and New South Wales', Australian Planner, vol. 52, pp. 1 - 13, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07293682.2014.914044
Randolph B; Tice A, 2014, 'Suburbanizing Disadvantage in Australian Cities: Sociospatial change in an era of neoliberalism', Journal of Urban Affairs, vol. 36, pp. 384 - 399, http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/juaf.12108
Randolph B, 2013, 'Wither Urban Research? Yes, You Read it Right First Time!', Urban Policy and Research, vol. 31, pp. 130 - 133, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08111146.2013.798881
Randolph B; Tice A, 2013, 'Who lives in higher density housing? A study of spatially discontinuous housing sub-markets in Sydney and Melbourne', Urban Studies: an international journal for research in urban studies, vol. 50, pp. 2661 - 2681, http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0042098013477701
- BE HDR Team
- Faculty Leadership
- Administrative Units
- UG Teaching Staff
- PG Teaching Staff
- Research Centre Staff
- Research Cluster Staff