Professor Glenn Murcutt
Prestigious awards include:
- the RAIA Gold Medal of the Royal Australian Institute of Architects in 1992
- the Alvar Aalto Medal in 1992
- Officer of the Order of Australia in 1996
- the Richard Neutra Award for Teaching in 1998
- the 'Green Pin' Award from the Royal Danish Academy of Architects in 1999
- the Thomas Jefferson Medal for Architecture in 2001
- the Pritzker Prize for Architecture in 2002
- the Kenneth F. Brown Asia Pacific Culture and Architecture Award in 2003
- the AIA Gold Medal Award in 2009.
He is an Honorary Fellow of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), an International Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada, an Honorary Fellow of the Finnish Association of Architects as well as Honorary Member of the Architects Institutes in Taiwan, Scotland and Singapore. In 2008 he was elected an Honorary Member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters. In 2010, he was named a Senior Fellow of the Design Futures Council. He was founding President of the Australian Architecture Association and is Chair of the Architecture Foundation Australia (annual Murcutt International Master Class).
Throughout his career Glenn has devoted much of his time to teaching students of architecture and he has held teaching positions at Universities around the world. From his early Design Tutorship, through his lectures, his buildings and the publications about his buildings, he has made an outstanding contribution to, and has measurably influenced, several generations of students and young architects both domestically and internationally. His work of undeniable excellence is now being recognised as a significant national culture all over the world.
Glenn has a sole practice operating our of Mosman, Sydney Australia.
- BE HDR Team
- School Leadership
- Key Contacts
- UG Teaching Staff
- PG Teaching Staff
- Research Centre Staff
- Research Cluster Staff