The Turnbull Foundation Women in Built Environment Scholarship helps talented women in the built environment industry accelerate their career and leadership capabilities. Thanks to The Turnbull Foundation’s generous gift, the successful recipients’ research can help create resilient, liveable, sustainable and healthy cities.
The scholarship supports the recipient in undertaking a PhD in the Faculty of Built Environment, as well as the Women in Leadership Program at UNSW’s Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM) during the tenure of their degree.
The scholarship is open to new and enrolled PhD candidates, both are invited to apply.
The recipients’ proposed research should demonstrate an interdisciplinary approach to city making and promote good urban design that is economically, socially and environmentally sustainable.
The scholarship will pay stipends for general living costs.
The Turnbull Foundation Women in Built Environment Scholarship applications close Friday 22 November.
The scholarship has a value of $95,000 payable over 3 years.
The scholarship is available to:
- New students
- Full-time students
- Domestic students
- Students already enrolled in a PhD
The applicant may not hold other Awards without the permission of UNSW Built Environment or Graduate Research School (GRS).
The scholarship is awarded under selection criteria:
- Academic merit
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a built environment discipline
- A thesis proposal which demonstrates an interdisciplinary approach to city making
- Check the entry requirements and the list of required documents for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
- Any questions about this scholarship? Email Dr Riza Yosia Sunindijo, Director of Postgraduate Research, UNSW Built Environment, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ready to apply? Email application with all required documents to Dr Riza Yosia Sunindijo, Director of Postgraduate Research, UNSW Built Environment.